Summer is a time for more light, warmth, and expansion. In nature, plants are fully “leaved” and flowers are blooming. The summer season is the perfect time to slow down, immerse ourselves in nature, and practice lots and lots of self-care rituals.
Soothing and cooling aromatherapy summer rituals
- Choose essential oils that are cooling to the body/skin and balance emotions and encourage rest, relaxation, softness and gentleness. Lavender, peppermint, spearmint, and vetiver essential oils are all great choices. Rose absolute is also a beautiful choice!
- Nourish the skin and perform a daily or weekly massage using cooler plant oils such as coconut or sunflower oil, along with cooling essential oils.
- Create aromatic spritzers with cooling hydrosols of peppermint or rose – and spray on your face and the back of the neck.
- Add fresh mint to your drinking water.
- Incorporate essential oils into your yoga and/or meditation practice by diffusing essential oils that are cooling. Try blending a tiny amount of spearmint or peppermint oil with lavender essential oil for a refreshing & soothing diffuser blend.
- Spend time in nature. Surround yourself with flowers and take time to immerse yourself in the many soothing aromas of summer.
Make a Summer Salt Scrub
- 1 cup Himalayan pink sea salt (finely ground)
- 1 tbsp finely ground organic peppermint leaves
- 2 tbsp finely ground organic lavender petals
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 16 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops spearmint essential oil
Watch the video for directions on the process of making the salt scrub.
What are your favourite aromatherapy summer rituals & practices? I’d love to hear from you.